Sunday, June 8, 2008

Tornado Siren

I was ready to go to bed this morning when I've heard the tornado siren. I thought at first it was just heard something noise outside but after a minute, it was the siren for real. I looked at my cat and she looked scared. I hurriedly ran upstairs since hubby went to bed ahead of me because I was still busy in the kitchen for the cook out later. He was in the deep sleep still. I woke him up & told him we should go to the basement. He got up right away & I was following him while I was holding my cat. I told him to find his cat and we would gonna head to the basement but he couldn't find him so we just went without him. We were having a thunderstorm & his cat always hide every time we have a storm. It's because he had a trauma before when he fell from the window & was outside for 3 days. My hubby almost gave up to look for him but to his surprise, he saw him by the window. I feel sad just imagining what his cat had experienced. But aside from that, he is fine.
Anyways, while we were in the basement & I was laying in the couch, I could hear a meow under the pillow. I was surprised. I was worrying about him & I was glad he made a noise. It was because I was crushing him...lol...poor guy...I was so glad to see him & I was relaxed after. We stayed in the basement for 1 hour since the siren was on & off...We watched the news after and it was confirmed that there was 1 tornado hit in Omaha. There was no major injuries but damaged houses and businesses. It was scary since it was a little warning and people were asleep when it happened. I am so glad and thank God that we are all safe.
We finally went to bed at 4 in the morning & woke up at around 10 in the morning.

No comments: