Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Just came from the basement

At work this morning, they said we were having a tornado warning later that night. Work was ok. I had some grocery shopping during my 1 hour lunch so that by the time i got at at 5, i was just gonna go home straight. It is convenient for me to do it since I can put my stuff in the refrigerator that has needed to.
Hubby was preparing dinner when i got home. I was cleaning after & while watching the news, we heard the siren somewhere in the west. Hubby took the extra tv in the basement & cleaned up the litter box. We took the cats in the basement & took the things that were necessary. We were laying down in the couch the whole time. We couldn't count how many time the sirens was on. It was kinda scary & I was praying the whole time for our safety. It took almost 2 hours that we stayed in the basement.
We just came from the basement. Thank God...but sad to say,Little Sioux, Iowa, there were 30-40 injuries that was from Boy Scout Camp.
I called my mom & a minute after we talked, she said, the balikbayan box just arrived. yahoo...it took 2 months before they got it. I'll be sending them again on Christmas. As much as possible, i wanted to send them balikbayan box twice a year, excluding the money every month. I am just thankful my husband is okay & he is supportive. I have to call her again by tomorrow.

No comments: