Sunday, June 29, 2008

Storm

We had a bad storm that hit our place last Friday. I checked the weather that morning and I found out we were having a thunderstorm in the afternoon. I still managed to go out and went shopping in Marshall's, Famous Footwear and Target. I even bought more food that we had to bring to the concert. But when hubby came home, He said we wouldn't go since it was nasty outside. I tried calling Evelyn to tell her that we weren't going but I couldn't have the chance to talk to her since they were trying to close the Garden Center quick. I tried to call her few times till me and hubby decided to go out and get Kentucky Fried Chicken. We tried to beat the storm but we failed. After 2 minutes since we left the house, the storm hit on us. We decided to go back. It was scary since we couldn't see anything and the tornado siren was on. We didn't have a tornado but the siren was on because of the wind. It was 90mph. Imagine that. There were hails too that was about the size of the marble. We ran from the garage to our house, it just took us 30 seconds but we were soaked when we got inside the house. It was really bad. Dad called us and he said they didn't have a power and we might gonna have them on that night. We were watching the news and the concert was canceled. The storm just ended up for only 10 minutes and it caused a big damaged in Omaha. Especially on my aunt's area, they didn't have a power for 2 days.
whew, I'm glad the storm was over. It was still unbelievable. Felt like we were just dreaming but we are just glad nobody got hurt.

No comments: