Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Saba Oi Bruha

I've known this lady at work for awhile. She's African. We clicked really good. We go to breaks and lunches together. Till I've met this Filipina & helped her to get a job where i work. If I work daytime, we go together, have some chitchat & giggles a lot. The three of us sits together during break time. I thought everything was okay till yesterday afternoon. She told us in front of everybody in the break room she didn't wanna sit with us since all we do is yacking in cebuano. But to my surprise, she still sat with us. We just didn't mind her and we still kept talking in our dialect. I could sense she was really irritated. Our time was up and we left her alone in the table.
Our last break came & the Filipina was off from work. I sat by myself on the table till the african lady arrived. She told me right away that I would talk to her already since my buddy wasn't there anymore. She kept blabbing till i asked her if it bothered her? She said "No" but...hmm, if it won't bother her, why did she say a lot of things about it. I don't believe her. I just keep myself calm & told her next time she's around, we will speak english. GGrrrrrrrrr...Told my husband when i got home about what she said. He just shaking his head. He told me that I should have told her "Saba oi, bruha"....he knows how to say that in cebuano. LOL...

No comments: